Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving Weekend - Jwest

What an awesome Thanksgiving Week we had. The Tuesday night before Thanksgiving, Pastor threw down. It was not your traditional "Thanksgiving" Message. It was incredible. It ended with everyone flooding the alters just so grateful for the blessing of God. It was awesome.

On Thanksgiving, Leah and I did the annual Turkey Day at three locations. We started the day at my mom's house for a few hours. Then off to Leah's Parents for a bit, and then finally concluded the day at Sam and Monica's house. Leah and Monica were crazy, going shopping at the Great Mall at Midnight on Thanksgiving night. I fell asleep on Sam's Couch till 3 am when they came home from their Shopping adventure....WITH NOTHING! I am sure Leah will blog about it later.

What was even better this week was that Leah began decorating for Christmas. For those of you who don't know Leah very well, she loves adding things to our home. She has an awesome sense of decor and style. She worked at Ethan Allen for a few years when we first started dating, so she has a good sense of home decor - but not at Ethan Allen prices!.
What is so great about Leah, is that she is constantly shopping for really neat things to make our home an even more welcome and desirable place to be. Even though I complain at times for the hours she spends at Home Goods in Gilroy, she does an incredible job. You all need to stop by our house in December.

On Friday, we spent the whole day at home recuperating from a very festive Thanksgiving Thursday. Later in the evening, we met up with long time friends Johannes and Tawni Escudero and Sam and Monica Hassas at Maggianos for the annual Thanksgiving Connect. What a great time we had laughing and enjoying each other's company. We all came back to our house, and talked until 1:30 in the morning! I really appreciate the times that I am able to spend with quality friends.
I love the season of Christmas. Believe it or not, I love the cold weather, crowded malls, packed out parking lots, and the hustle and bustle. We have spent 2 of the last 3 Christmas' in Manhattan. If I had my way, we would be there again this year. I can't wait for all the Holiday Parties, and festive things we have planned this month.

No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics