Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Christmas Trees, George Bailey, So-Cal & Sanger

There is no season like Christmas. I love Christmas. Here is a picture of our Christmas tree in all its glory.
The other night I was with a group of our young people and I said "Merry Christmas". They looked at me all weird and then like only a teenager could respond..."Dude it's not Christmas yet!"

Christmas for me is the time from Thanksgiving to December 25th. I remember as a child waking up on Christmas morning and running into the Living Room and ripping open gifts. After all the gifts were opened, it was time to clean up all the debris. Then onto Christmas dinner. Then...it was over. My mother was the type that would break down our tree the day after Christmas - because it became a fire hazard. So to me, Christmas became not about the 25th - but about the season.

This year, Leah has 2 weeks off of work. I plan on spending time with my honey going out to the crowded malls, and taking a drive to freshly dropped snow in the mountains that surround San Jose. After Christmas, we plan on traveling down to Southern California to see some awesome friends. We will also be heading to Sanger to chill for a bit with our dear friends Tirso and Rachel Gonzales. They have the coolest kids.

If you have not read any of the previous posts, let me reiterate that I love the cold weather. I love the busy shopping malls. The crowded Parking Garages. The Christmas Music. The Gift Cards I will receive from my youth group...hint hint. I love it all. I love saying "Merry Christmas" to the most grouchiest looking people on the street. I sometimes feel like George Bailey from "It's a Wonderful Life", as he runs through Bedford Falls screaming "Merry Christmas"! - JW

3 comments:

Karen J. Hopper said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Karen J. Hopper said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LEAH (a couple of days late). Love you.

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas and a blessed New Year! Love, The Valenti Family!

 
Clicky Web Analytics