Saturday, October 4, 2008

Post Maximum Velocity thoughts..


The highly anticipated Maximum Velocity Youth Conference has come and gone. It was absolutely an incredible 24 hours. On Friday night, there were well over 1,100 people and on Saturday around 350. The worship of the young people and the power of God that swept through the alters was just highlights in themselves. But when you add the ingredient of great fellowship and friendships...it makes the weekend perfect. Leah and I were able to spend time this weekend with some great friends. As I previously stated I really enjoy the friendships that I have with other youth pastors and ministers from other churches.


The more time goes by, and the older I get - the more I value quality friendships. I was able to hang out with Steve Caballero, Stephen Barker, Eli Lopez, Brandon Miraflor, Brad Allard, Chris Salyards and just a ton of incredible dudes. What I love about all these guys is that the common thread between all of them is that they are so "in love with Jesus". I know it sounds cheesy, but its the truth. I watch how these men in their respected cities and churches turn their worlds upside down, but then are able to come together on a district level and work towards a common goal of impacting the lives of young people.

It was very interesting on Saturday Night, we went to the Cheesecake Factory with Jesse & Angela Pinero, Matt & Danelle Silviera, Adam & Misti Wiley, and Marisa Luke. I had a great time. Matt Siliviera was sharing some interesting famous "boo boos" of his beloved. We spent a few hours there hanging out and enjoying a really fun conversation. Maybe others will blog about it....

I have a big day tomorrow with the Blue Bomber Crew. It is Super Kids Church Sunday. I always look forward to those days. James Wang and Kevin Theobald do an awesome job with the 200 plus kids that will be in the Youth Center. I will blog on Monday about the results of Super Kids Church.

-JW

2 comments:

Scott Andrew said...

Jason, looks like an awesome time for sure. Elder Zuniga rips! I wish I could have been there!

JPinheiro said...

Jason-
It was awesome hanging out with you and Leah. I won't forget the memories from Cheesecake Factory....
LOL

 
Clicky Web Analytics