Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Interesting Monday Evening...


I was reminded of the multiple purposes a youth minister serves to a local church on Monday Evening. Not only is a youth minister expected to connect, motivate, encourage, and entertain at times.  There are times when a Youth Minister becomes so much more.  I am renewed in my role after Monday Night.  

I am unable to go into details, but I thank the Lord I was able to connect to a young person that really needed someone.  Often times we get so caught up with programs, activities, making sure everything goes just right - that we miss what its all about - and that is simply being able to not only connect, but to build solid relationships with young people.

I am anticipating a great week ahead.  This Friday Night is our MidSkool Movement and our HiSkool Revolution Break out Sessions.  The Theme of this Friday night is "Grace - and how it applies to my life."  So often times we expect our young people to know what the Grace of God is.  I really believe the subject of Grace is what our generation needs to fully understand and grasp.

I am about to enjoy a cup of coffee and spend some time chillin with Ollie. - JW

2 comments:

Karen J. Hopper said...

Your involvement with youth is making a tremendous difference in the lives of so many young people and you probably don't even realize how much. Jason, I was impressed with your words, "...simply being able to not only connect, but to build solid relationships with young people". It is the key to victory in keeping these precious souls headed in the right direction. You and Leah are to be commended for your love and dedication to God's work. Love ya.

Anonymous said...

Found you.

Many of us are trying to no longer be slaves to program and our ideas that we lose the touch of people. I appreciate what you do. Thanks for visiting us last month! It was HUGE.

 
Clicky Web Analytics