Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Two Things

This past weekend was busy, busy, busy. But what fun! I have to admit that when Monday morning came, I was more tired than I was on Friday, after a week of work!

I wanted to share two things that happened this past Sunday:

First:
I taught the lesson in my class on Sunday morning. After my lesson we were doing what girls do best...socializing. I had my Mac so we started playing around taking various pictures of ourselves using the photo booth. Some of the "neighborhood kids" or "community kids" (whatever you want to call them) were taking pictures as well. When the horn blew that the bus was leaving one of the bus girls came up to me, smiled, gave me a hug, and said "bye, I will see you next week".

You would have to know her to know what this really means. She has not been coming faithfully, has done her best to instigate fights when she does come, and NEVER seems to listen to anything that is being said. For her to initiate a hug with me....

This was a big step....a HUGE step.

Second:
There was a girl that had been in our youth group years ago. I will not even go into the details of her story (1. I don't know if she would appreciate it and 2. I don't want to take the time), but to summarize: Her family left our church, backslid, she got pregnant, then got married, then came back to our church, then separated from her husband.

Since she has come back, her and I have spent a lot of time together. God blew our minds this past Sunday, when her husband was baptized.

Isn't it just like God to fix the mess that we make of our lives..........he never fails to amaze me.

"I am staying out of the forest, and am glad I am not perfect".~LW

1 comment:

Chandra said...

The preaching @ Revivalution was awesome, and one week later...I can't stop thinking about it!

 
Clicky Web Analytics