Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Misc.....and a Happy Birthday

I am a horrible blogger. I have not posted since December 27th (to be exact). You may be asking yourself Why I have not entertained you with the details of our life?!?!?!

LAZINESS.

I wish I had a better reason, or a fabulous story to blame it on (I took a trip to Paris, I won a million dollars , I was climbing Half Dome...etc), but I don't. I simply have: just. not. wanted. to.

Anyways...moving on

We started the New Year in So-Cal. This year I am pretty torn about making resolutions. I thought if a posted a few here I would be a little more accountable in keeping them.

So here goes nothing......
  1. Lose Weight
  2. Learn Spanish (at least start trying to)
  3. Read the entire Bible
  4. Exercise regularly
  5. Pray longer every day
  6. Be more organized
  7. Go somewhere I have never been before
  8. Stop being a procrastinator
  9. Spend more time with the ones I love ~ JW, family, friends
  10. Start sewing again
JW's birthday was on Monday......HAPPY 31st BIRTHDAY TO THE LOVE OF MY LIFE!!

JW's Mother and Brother came over for dinner and cake. The West family tradition is usually to go out to eat for birthday's, but JW decided that he wanted to be home this year. It was nice to have them over, as we rarely entertain.

I made the carrot cake above for his b-day. It is his favorite kind. I will have you know that I made the entire cake from scratch, icing and all. To some of you this is no small feat, but for me this is a huge deal, as I am not much of a baker. (one small problem I have with homemade icing is getting it to stick to the cake, it kept running off...can anyone help me with that? I let the cake cool for at least an hour too!).

This weekend we are hosting Revivalution Youth Conference at our church. Starting tonight we will begin the busy preparations of making sure everything comes together. It is going to be an exciting weekend! If you are in the area make sure and stop by - LW

6 comments:

Karen J. Hopper said...

Happy Belated Birthday Jason. May the blessings be abundant this year - and may God honor you the desires of your heart. Love you guys. BTW: Cute candles.

Monica Hassas said...

Happy Birthday, Jason!

Leah - No, you DON'T entertain enough! LOL By the way, I would love a sample of your carrot cake.

Anonymous said...

Hope Jason had a fabulous b-day!

As for the cake... More powdered sugar will do the trick. Add about 1/4 cup at a time until it's just right.

Anonymous said...

Happy belated Birthday to Bro. Jason! I love him and think he is a very special young man. Tina (mom), you can be so proud! :D

Leah - great resolution list! Good luck and God bless. I believe you can accomplish this list. For reals. :)

*~Lulu~* said...

Happy belated birthday Bro.West, sorry for the lateness.But anyways,I thank God for such an awsome and coolest youth pastor in the world.God bless.Love you guys

Pamela said...

You have GOT to give me the recipe for that carrot cake.
I absolutely LOVE carrot cake!!!
Haha.
Actually, I think you should step out in faith on the gift God gave you...
And just go ahead and make me one for my b-day..
Don't go and hide your gift under a rock sis. Leah..
Haha.
I love you!

 
Clicky Web Analytics