Monday, September 29, 2008

What a weekend.





The weekend begin with a 3 hour trip to Elk Grove to preach for the Rock Group.  We had an awesome service.  There were about 120 young people. It is always a great opportunity to be with a great youth group with one of my best friends Johannes.  When Leah and I go to Elk Grove, we usually stay with Johannes, Tawni, and little Rori.  We stayed up late on Friday night talking about youth ministry, life, and future.  I always value those conversations.  We woke up the next morning and went to Sargent's Coffee.  What a great place.  Enjoyed an awesome Cinnamon Roll and a white mocha.  Let me just tell you that little Rori loves coffee.  She was posted up @ Sargent's coffee with her iced coffee and elmo stuffed animal.  She is quite the cutie.

Allow me to throw in that one of the best parts of my 24 hour road trip was the time I was able to spend with Jordan Holston.  Jordan is one of the most solid young men of Revivalution Youth Ministry.  He has been consistently living for God all his life.  He is our Music Coordinator for the Revivalution Real Time.  He has some good friends in the The Rock Church, so when he found out I was going there, he came along for the ride.  We had a blast talking about music & funny stories.

We arrived back in San Jose in the afternoon - just in time for me to tag in with our Blue Bomber Crew that had a very successful morning reaching into the neighborhood.  

Later that evening we attended the Young Married's Ethnic Dinner - organized by Sam and Monica Hassas.  Leah will blog about it later...but let me say that there were some crazy looking dishes.  People were supposed to come dressed in their cultural wear, however Sam and Monica were the only ones that did it.  But Sam definitely came through [ See Pic above ].  I stayed true to my Caucasian side and feasted on the fried chicken brought by Brian and Genia Wood and also ate my wife's homemade Jewish Dishes.  It is a little bit of pride that overtakes me - that when my wife brings a homemade dish to potlucks or dinners, that her dishes are always a hit.  Leah is an incredible cook.

Blue Bomber update - We had a wild Sunday morning to say the least, but the end result was we had 182 on the Blue Bomber this weekend.  It's amazing that within 5 months we have doubled our number.  It is our goal to have a consistent 200 on the Bomber by December of this year.  There are many wonderful kids that ride the bomber.  I wish time and place would allow me to share all the great stories.  Maybe I will blog it in the near future. - JW

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Doctor J,

What an awesome time had Friday night. Thank you for sacrificing time away from REVIVALUTION on a Friday night to lend your anointing to your extended Sacramento family. The Rock Group Youth Community was impacted and improved upon by your ministry.
You were in the Holy Ghost; yesterday (Sunday) Rev. Nathaniel Urshan preached and confirmed multiple times much of what you preached. We too enjoyed hanging out, chillin' at Chili's afterward (I think you own stock in Chili's), even later in our living room, and again over California's best brew at Sargents House of Coffee on Saturday morning. Iron sharpens iron. Shout out to Leah, Ollie, the rest of the Shoemakes and Revivalution Youth ministries. Love ya homie, see ya in a few weeks.

Karen J. Hopper said...

Wonderful to hear that you had a great weekend. And I am thrilled to hear about the Blue Bomber. What an accomplishment in such a short time.

 
Clicky Web Analytics