Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Visit to Acts 29 Youth Ministry


As a youth pastor deep in the trenches of youth ministry, I always find it fun visiting other youth ministries. I don't know, even online, I am always checking out and researching other youth websites. Tonight we took a trip to Stockton - Christian Life Center where Brandon Miraflor is the Youth Pastor of Acts 29 Youth Ministry. Tim, Luis, and I arrived in Stockton early enough to eat at some hole in the wall mexican place called Cancun. I remember when I was in Bible College it was the cheapest mexican restaurant in town. We enjoyed the food and conversation - and then made our way to the ever famous 9025 N. West Lane. Acts 29 conducts their High School service in the Gym and the Middle School Ministry occupies one of the Rooms in the KCJH Radio building. It was an awesome experience. The structure, creativity, and communication of the youth ministry staff is impressive. We definitely took alot of notes, and were able to pick the brain of Middle School Youth Pastor Tim Ramonette. I also got a chance to hang with Brandon Miraflor. He taught a great lesson on " The Keys to the Kingdom - beyond Acts 2:38". There was a time of prayer after the lesson. We had a pretty enjoyable car conversation on the way home discussing the good ole' days of NBA Slam Dunks. Tonight was a worthwhile experience, because not only was I able to see an incredible youth ministry in motion, but I was able to spend time with some cool young men from our church. - JW

No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics