Friday, September 26, 2008

Off to Sacramento


Got up extra early this morning to run Pastor to the Oakland Airport.  He is flying out to attend the Justin Jones Memorial Service in Houston this weekend.  As I sat in Bay Area traffic this morning, it donned on me how big the Bay Area really is.  It's amazing.  

On my way back from Oakland, I begin to think about my trip to the Rock Church in Elk Grove tonight.  I will be ministering to the ROCK GROUP pastored by my good buddy Johannes Escudero.  There are a few things that the Lord has layed on my heart the past few days, so we will see how it all turns out.

We have been going consistently every Friday Night here at the local Revivalution Youth Ministry, that I gave the young people the night off.  October is going to be crazy busy with a lot of exciting things taking place here.  One of the events is  Maximum Velocity next weekend. Bro Tim Zuniga is going to be preaching, and there are just some preachers you can just sit and listen to for a while...he is one of them.  He is probably one of the most relative Preachers to young people that is out there today.  He is in the ranks of Scott Graham, Calvin Jean, & Wayne Francis.

I really hope to spend some time with Bro Zuniga.  When I first became a Youth minister in 1998, I remember looking for him at various conferences and camps.  I would find him and pull him to the side, and pick his brain for as long as I could.  Midnight Madness Lock In, of which we celebrated our 10th year this year, was semi modeled after a youth conference Bro Zuniga started in Chula Vista entitled "Live the Life".

If you are a youth minister reading this , and you are in driving distance to San Jose on October 3rd -4th, you owe it to yourself to come over and expose your young people to his ministry.

Keep me in your prayers tonight. - JW

1 comment:

Karen J. Hopper said...

Will be praying for you, and know that God has great things in store for you. BTW, I remember Bro Tim Zuniga at Senior Camp when he was a young person. You could see God's hand upon him at that time. Please tell him hello for us, and that although we haven't seen him in years he is still very special.

 
Clicky Web Analytics