Friday, May 22, 2009

I Hope to Never Forget.....

...a few memories from my recent trip to NYC:
  • Kellee getting off of the subway and the doors shutting before the rest of us could join her. Oh, the look on her face when she turned around and realized we were not behind her. Moni mouthed "K - e - l - l -e - e", seemingly in slow motion as she waved goodbye....I am actually laughing again as I relive the moment.
  • The lady in Harlem going to the bathroom on the street. {note: she was NOT homeless, and it was NOT #1}
  • The couple on the NYC water taxi: Him - wearing Calvin Klein boxers {we saw it for ourselves} , Her - with the entire back of her dress stuck in her behind {how could she not feel it?}.
  • Moni making friends with people on the subway....and then leaving the rest of us stuck talking with them about a Tennis tournament {???} in Australia {???} - did I even get her story right?
  • Kim & Kellee getting soaked by a van, that hit a puddle, while walking down the street {I am not exaggerating in any way when I say "soaked"}.
  • Moni getting called out of the crowd by a street performer....enough said.
  • Me putting one of my boots in our shopping cart while trying on shoes, Moni taking the shopping cart, then when I finally find her {after walking around the store with one boot} it's gone, then having to retrace her steps to find it {praying that someone did not pick it up}.
  • The "sweet" taxi cab driver who dropped Moni and I off a BLOCK from our hotel at 1 o'clock in the morning!!!
  • The lady at Cirque de Soleil that assumed that Moni spoke Spanish.
  • The Tour guide Nazi - "Arrive alive".
  • The lady that refused to take a picture of Moni and Malia during INTERMISSION at Mary Poppins.....because "photography was not allowed during the performance".
  • The Elderly couple "getting to know each other really well" in the subway {a.k.a. - making out}.

A special "THANK YOU" to my dear friend Kellee that (by turning 40) made it possible for all of us to go!!! {I think she may kill me for that sentence}....hahaha

Happy Birthday Kellee! I love you!!!

-LW

P.S. I missed JW so much, that when I came home I promised not to take another girls trip for a very long time.....oh, and I missed Ollie too ;-)

5 comments:

Monica Hassas said...

Hee hee hee ho ho ho! thanks for the laughs! Thanks again to Kelly AND Leah for making this trip possible! I can hardly wait to go back to finish what we started!

Maybe, Leah next time we should include our boys. BUT, would we really get to shop?! ;)

Karen J. Hopper said...

Oh I got to laugh again. Kellee told me about many of these memorable moments. The one at the subway, and watching her expressions as she told it was priceless. Your other comments were great too (I hadn't heard the Calvin Klein one as yet-only in NYC). Kellee had a wonderful time with the best friends anyone could ever have. That makes the best of birthdays.

Anonymous said...

This was one of the top vacations I have ever taken. I know I laughed more in that one week than I have the last six months. It seemed like there was always a funny story/occurrence right around the corner.

Thanks for leaving your wonderful husbands, girls, and coming with me to celebrate. It really made turning 40 a whole lot easier (except for that Friday - but I got over it in a hurry, you have to admit). Love ya!!

Kel

Anonymous said...

Loved the READ, it make me laugh..cute :)

Anonymous said...

made not make...lol

 
Clicky Web Analytics