Thursday, May 7, 2009

Choice

So far this morning:
  1. I chose to hit snooze for another ten minutes, thus resulting in running late.
  2. I decided what to wear to work...a choice.
  3. I washed my face and brushed my teeth.....a choice.
  4. Took Ollie outside for his bathroom break.....a choice.
  5. I chose which route to take to work.
  6. Then I decided what to listen to as I drove.....a choice.
  7. I chose which space to park in when I arrived at work.
  8. I went to the cafeteria and chose what I would eat for breakfast.
  9. Then I chose to eat at my desk.
  10. And took the stairs instead of the elevator to get there.....a choice.
  11. I chose to check my email.
  12. Then chose not to go on facebook for another day.
  13. Sent out a few text messages.....a choice.
  14. I chose to respond to some emails.
  15. Decided to post on my blog... a choice.
  16. Chose to write about choices.
Every breathing moment of my day I am making choices. To sit, stand, walk, bend over, open, close, chew, call, pick up my phone, email, text, make a copy, run water, cook, clean, check my mail, feed Ollie, take out the garbage, lock my apartment, alarm my car, drive my car....etc.

Choices I made years ago, that I considered "little" or no big deal, still affect me to this day. They have shaped who I am, and will forever be a part of my life story.

If there is one thing that I hope to impart on the young ladies in my youth group, it would be:

The Power of Choice.

The choices you make everyday shape who you are, and will affect your life forever - good or bad. Always choose prayerfully & carefully, weighing out all of your options.

Every choice you make matters.

Even the little ones......especially the little ones.

"There is a choice you make in everything you do.
And you must always keep in mind, the choice you
make, makes you." ~ Unknown

-LW

3 comments:

Mindy said...

Nicely said. I agree completely!

Karen J. Hopper said...

Wonderful reminder of how many choices we make each day. And then, it is fearful too. What an awesome responsibility. BTW: Love the quote too.

April Renee said...

Awsome post!!!
Really makes one think about all the little things and how they have potenital to become big things choices!!!

 
Clicky Web Analytics